Sunday, August 23, 2009

The one Sat we went down to SD.....

I know it's been like a whole week since Ivan left LA. I know I haven't really update any blog for a long time....so here are the photos we took one of those weekends after Clement got back and while Ivan was still here. We headed down to SD for one Sat to visit the Midway aircraft carrier. We had some extra time after we arrived SD so we took the boys to Balboa Park, which I think was the only place I knew in SD that they haven't visited through all the summers they visited and stayed with me....

Here is the 1st photo we took at Balboa park....just for my fountain collection...

I think the lotuses we saw were newly grown since last time I visited they weren't there....


Right in front of the botanical garden...

Two nice shots Clement and Ivan took around the botanical garden...

I don't think I have ever saw the organ being opened and played on that stage...guess it was our lucky day since there was actually someone playing that monster when we were there...

The airplane carrier was our main destination for the day....

Inside of the carrier it just looked like a very big warehouse....a VERY BIG one....

We got to pretend we knew how to fly the planes....


There were a lot of diff. planes on the main deck....

and we got to go inside on some of them...

I have no idea what they were looking at....

Ivan was trying to be stupid....

On the deck it just looks like some kinda road....with lots of people walking on it...


From the carrier you can also see the seaport village....

Looking like a ghost trying to pretend I know how to control stuff...

It was totally tiring walking around in this huge thing....We sat down at the cafeteria and rested...


A shot before we left....just so we remember it's called Midway....

There was this huge statue right next to the carrier. This photo was on the cover of Life magazine after WW II ended...


Now here are the weird ones...1st Ivan peeking into the skirt...

And then Billy wanted to imitate the statue....my old back was not helping and we took too many shots to get a few decent ones...

We went to "Fish Market" right next to the statues for dinner....

Our appetizers....the California rolls were not that good even though they used real crab meat...

My shrimps and scallops....

Billy's fish thingy....don't ask me the name cuz I don't do fish...

Ivan and Clement's pasta....

Looking happy for the meal....

Ivan's hand vs. my mean look....just two weird photos to throw in to finish the dinner part...

Cool sunset photos Billy and I took....Billy did the 2nd one here....That concludes the day...Sunset at SD, last time for 2009....that is for the boys at least :)

No comments: