Thursday, January 13, 2011

Year end trip of 2010, Day 2--Yosemite National Park

Ok....so I guess Billy liked how his hair was all standing up after a night's sleep and took this photo....that starts our 2nd day :)

It was raining for the 2nd day of our trip, but luckily we got into Yosemite alright and even drove without the snow chains despite the rain and snow....I was 1st worried photos would turn out bad because of the weather but then because of all the fog hanging around in the air the photos I took actually turned much more poetic and pretty than I expected :)

Very pretty fall with all the fog and clouds....


The big rock called El Capitan really didn't look all that impressive to me....

The water was really clear it looked like a mirror....Too bad weather was bad or else we could check out the mirror lake too....

It just looks very COLD huh?




On the way to Stockton we passed this ghost town which was left by the Chinese people at the gold rush period....Nobody lives there now....

Our hotel was actually quite nice at the water front, but I think not many rooms were occupied...I am not able to rotate the 1st photo here...oh well...it's the restaurant at the hotel...and I only paid 40 dollars for the hotel I think...

Went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner while it was raining really hard. It was packed with people around 6pm. I guess people don't know what to do in small towns....I think we had way too much food, and obviously I wasn't the person who ordered too much....:p






No comments: