Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's day and all that food....

Last Sun was mother's day....and Billy's mom's BD was close to it so we just treated people with a mother's day dinner. So why do we see a sunflower here? Well....it's because Billy got flowers for Tigran's mom again. We went to their house to drop off the flowers and got stuck cuz she wanted to talk and feed us some desserts. Man...she sure is one talkative lady....Anyway....Took a shot of the center sunflower from the whole flower basket....I like how vibrant the color was....

This is the place we went for the Mother's day dinner. The Eng name of the place is called "Duck House"...Apparently they just changed the name recently since it's easier for American people to remember. The whole place looked Chinese.....yeah of course....

This is what the place was famous for....duh....It's called the Duck House for some reason....

What was left from the suck was cooked with the bean sprouts, and also we have the soup which was supposedly cooked by using the bones or what was left from the duck...

Here are two dishes I kinda liked....one is the "mountain medicine" treated cold, and the "three cup" mushrooms were tasty too....

Something I didn't bother to try much. The "oily rice" part was alright....

The fried tofu with shrimp was kinda nice...and fish....apparently I didn't order that and would not comment on it....

Well....this is the mother's day cake Billy's sister in law got....She was all fuzzy about how the cake store messed up the order and stuff....WHATEVER.....

I think it was because of the candles all photos with the cake turned out with a weird color....

The piece Billy and I shared....I am totally not into chocolate, but the mochi inside of the cake was kinda interesting....even though it was too sweet.....I guess people do have diff. taste...:p

The chocolate got burnt by the candles....lol....

So...I guess it's a lot of eating over the past week and we got terribly fat. The duck also brought out a lot of poison in us I think. I kept on having pimples all over me....and headache...and other stuff....I think in the future I should just avoid duck all together since I was never a big fan of it to start with. Alright....enough pictures....and mom....if you are reading this.....Happy BD to you even though I can't celebrate it with you....Let me know what you want for mother's day and I will tell Ivan to bring it back to you, ok? :)

No comments: