Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hades and his diabetes......

Ok...I guess the most dramatic thing that happened for the past few weeks is related to Hades. He started drinking a lot of water, peeing a lot, eating a lot, and then lost weight in a fast speed...So I kinda got worried and suspected that he had diabetes. Finally took him to the vet last Fri, got all kinds of tests on him, only to prove my own diagnosis was right...Hades now needs to get two shots of insulin everyday, with 12 hours interval. We are also trying to see if we can change his diet to canned food so he can stay away from the addictive dry food which probably got him the diabetes to start with.

For the 1st few days, Hades seemed to be ok with the shots. Nevertheless he found out what the needle is all about and then started to run away from the shots last night and tonight. I am hoping this is not gonna get harder and harder since it will probably be too hard to ask anyone to take care of him for us, and then it will be impossible for us to travel with his conditions. The home blood glucose monitoring system is supposed to arrive in the mail next week. I wonder if he will even let us take any blood samples judging from the way he is running away from his shots. I also haven't been sleeping well cuz he wakes me up in the middle of the night wanting to eat his dry food. I had to hide his dry food and get up to feed him canned food 3 or sometimes around 5 in the morning. I guess raising a kid is indeed difficult, especially a sick one....

Anyway....still hoping this expensive cat is going to get better gradually. He has been through a lot in his life, and most of the time I probably caused his emotional stress. I am hoping his old age years will be smooth for him even with the diabetes. Ok...here are various photos collected from summer all the way till Nov. Various people took the photos and I guess I have two cute cats that make people want to take photos of them....

Here are photos of Hades...



Photos of Mintie....





Photos of them together when Hades is in good mood and does not mind Mintie next to him....



Here are some Mintie's "salon" pictures.....My student said it looks like I took her to a photo studio to take these photos....lol


No comments: