Monday, January 28, 2008

Birthday....You don't want to know how old...

Well....today I am officially 30. I think I have been feeling a little sentimental since few days ago cuz I feel old and not accomplishing much in life. Most of my friends have their own careers now and it looks like my career would be teaching kids who cannot make it in music and dealing with parents who do not know how to raise their kids...yeah...great career. I guess I know why kids like talking to me than talking to their parents now....cuz we both dislikes their parents...

Ok...end of my depressing career. Friends ate with us last night at Cafe Bizou in Pasadena. I was quite entertained that I really didn't get anyone to celebrate our BD with us this year. Last year we had around 15 people all together but this year I just didn't even bother. Maybe it's the fact that I am losing friends or maybe it's because I don't want to feel old or something. Anyway...We just had a simple get together with 3 friends that is all. Surprisingly enough Chih-Lin was the person who organized it. I think she probably felt she had to do it since I organized for her BD thingy. LOL....

I have to say my memory from the last time I went to Cafe Bizou was quite diff. from this time. It was perhaps 5 years ago or even longer. A weird combination of people celebrated my BD for me there. I think that was the year when I got my i-pod for BD present. It's weird to think about it now. Food tasted quite pleasant back then, plus it was not raining like last night. I have to say I did enjoy listening to friends chat last night, and it's like I can really just sit there and relax when old friends are around....just don't have to talk when I don't feel like it. It's amazing how we went way back...and "technically" everyone is married now....we just have to find a better man for Chih-Lin.

Well...here are photos...I ordered roasted lamb chops. Billy ordered some sort of steak. (I have no idea which kind cuz I was not listening). Chih-Lin ordered fish so I didn't take a photo, and Jay's food was super ugly and muddy so I didn't bother. I was gonna take a picture of Charlene's shrimps but then I think she was eating already so I didn't want to bother her either. (If Sherry was around she would get all mad that I was wasting time taking photos of food...lol...)

You see how the blinds are creating lines on our faces? Cool effect....We tried to take another one in Chih-Lin and Charlene's seats without the lines, but turned out blurry cuz of the lighting.
Group shots. The 2nd one is bigger but not as clear...Looks cozy?
We got bread pudding and creme Brulee for dessert. Jay's dessert was kinda ugly so I didn't take a photo of that either....lol....

Oh....and I was just told Ming was around in orange county over the weekend, but had no car to drive up. It would be scary to have him join our meal too cuz then it would of been three people with the same BD in one place. How often do you get that, right?

No comments: