Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Are you one of them?

Got a private message from my facebook with a video link which has stuff that dated 5 years ago. It's from an ex-friend of mine that apparently still has the stuff in his HD. I feels kinda weird to see the video clip and think about how everything has changed since then. He wanted to be the last person who wished me a big "30th" happy BD on the day....I guess I have to call him creative enough. I guess my BD still means something to some people cuz I have been getting some odd blessings from people who I thought would not remember. (some not really desired unfortunately) orz....

I am not writing this to show how imp I am, or else I would just have a huge party instead, and make everyone pay attention to the date. I am writing just to raise a question here. How many BDs do we really have inputed in our brains? How many times a year do we celebrate BDs with people because we really remember? Do we remember because they are imp? or because they remembered ours and we feel bad if we don't remember theirs? Do other people's BDs actually mean enough for us to want to celebrate for them?

I tend to think people are selfish. I think people only remember their loved ones' BDs. By remembering someone's BD it shows certain amount of love and importance. I think remembering is already hard enough...and to be willing to take another step further and want to celebrate for the person in some way without a "party call" from someone else, it just means caring in a whole diff. level. At least to me that is the case.

Nowadays it's not difficult at all to know someone's BD, especially with all those reminders with various internet accounts. There are only about a handful of people who I really remember their BDs by heart. If I exclude my family members, I think I only have around 3-4 friends who I have their BDs engraved in my brain. I guess I am just forgetful, or maybe that is the way I want it to be...just so I don't have to remember too much from the past. Not too much reminded from the past, not too much throbbing feelings.

I wonder 10 years from now whose BDs will I remember?

No comments: