Saturday, February 6, 2010

Our 2010 BD celebration break....day 1.....

Our BD this year fell on a Thursday. Billy wanted to take a day off but I told him to just take day off on Fri I don't have to move things around with my students. So....we just worked like normal and tried to celebrate a little at night. Here are the gifts we gave each other. Billy's gift was a leather jacket from Guess, and mine was a watch from swatch.

My two little students and their mom got us some sponge cakes for our BD....They were the only two students I taught that day, and they tried to behave as much as they could :)

Saw these at the bathroom when I got home....Those are what Billy got for me from Lush....Diff. bath balls that supposedly has diff. functions...

Guess what is in the box???

Little cakes Billy got for our BD....

Billy got the cute initial candles for our cute little cakes....

We went to Pasadena for dinner. at this place I found on yelp that we didn't have a chance to try yet. It's called Green Street Tavern and turned out to be quite nice with reasonable price....Here are the photos...

Billy looking at the menu, with the leather jacket.....& also Billy drinking....WATER.....lol....

Nice feel at the place....cozy, classy, modern at the same time....

The soup we got.....lots of veggies in it, but I thought it was kinda salty....Billy liked it though....


Appetizer, it was an interesting salad with fillet mignon, cheese, spinach and some mushrooms....

Our entrees....My scallops are set on top of those egg custard tofu tasting circles. At the bottom there is a lot of veggies with dried bacon. Billy's was lamb shank which tasted with a tint of curry and also a little sweetness....

Photos the waitress took for us....I am glad at least one photo turned out to be nice....It's a drag having camera that normal people don't know how to use....

The desserts we got. I loved the bread pudding which is rarely found at restaurants nowadays....The creme brulee was just alright. They do use pretty nice fresh fruits though....

That concludes our celebration for 1st day.....cuz the celebration actually went on for 4 days....:p

No comments: