Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our 2010 BD celebration break....day 4....

4 days after our BD happened to be Sunday. I decided to write about the 4th day 1st cuz it will go to the lower part of the blog when you 1st open it (if you read this after all 4 days of our BD break are blogged)...Anyway....we went to church in the morning of course, and since Jack was not able to come along we went to Sesame Grill for lunch and enjoyed a little more good food (which was the theme for our entire BD break which lasted around 4 days)....I think last time I went to the place was years ago, and I was amused to see the same waiter who talks too much still working in the restaurant...Here are some photos I took with iphone cuz I didn't bring my camera (since I didn't know we were going to have a nice lunch on Sun).

1st time I ever tried fruit tea at this place...and yeah I kinda miss the bread they have here....for some reason the bread tasted if they had some wine in them....???

The appetizers....grilled eggplants and grilled calamari...

I ordered my crab cake salad which I always get whenever I come here. Billy ordered their steak...I like the small portion of food and thought I would not get weight increase because of that.....and guess what? I was WRONG.....that is all I am gonna say....:p

Taramisu as dessert....the chocolate spider web looked nice....

After lunch we went to Descanso Gardens again cuz I just wanted to take some photos and walk around a little. We didn't end up walking much cuz my feet was hurting with the high heel boots :p

On the way there we saw this big helicopter which flew to the roof of Huntington hospital...

Here is our matching outfit....similar colors anyway....


There was this Camellia contest going on, but I think those flowers were ugly....:p Here is one photo with some of the ones that won the prices....

Some photos I took from the garden. There wasn't much to shoot at cuz it's winter time and flowers are mostly not blooming yet...Perhaps the worst time to go actually....oh well...we will come back again in the spring :)


We wanted to take a photo at the peach tree, but that old couple was sitting there for a long time...so I took a photo of them instead....kinda sweet huh? I wonder if I will have the chance to grow that old and chill with my better half in a nice garden in the future....

After Descanso Garden we tried to find a place for afternoon tea. We had no luck cuz every place we went had whole bunch of people. I guess everyone had nothing to do other than having afternoon tea on Sundays....at least it seemed like that in the Asian community...We ended up going to this coffee place which turned out to be kinda bad. I only took 2 photos there, and I am pretty sure we are not going back again...:p

and I guess the cafe kinda wrapped up for our nonstop eating BD celebration for now....until next weekend at least....

No comments: