Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Polishing my skills

1st day after I got back to LA, still trying to adjust.....I have to say I am not too trilled to come back and face reality. I am not looking forward to my teaching schedules, worries in life....and probably the worst of all....Billy's nagging mom. I think the only thing I was happy to see was my precious cat, and he sure was excited to see me that he didn't sleep much at all through the whole night. I was depressed enough to consider the possibilities of moving out of LA, but then I guess it won't be any time soon.

Things got better this morning since I was woken up by a phone call. The contractor who I talked to before I left LA had someone call me for an easter concert in March. When I was listening to the voicemail last night I thought I would not be able to make it since I may be gone that weekend. After checking with my schedule I realized I can actually play for it so I planned to call her back when I wake up, just to see if they still have the gig open. Out of my surprise the contractor called again and I told her to book me for one of the two offers she told me about. It looks like I will be playing for Hollywood Bowl's easter concert on the easter Sun if nothing goes wrong before then.

I guess that is one new thing for me. I hope connections will slowly build so I will get to play more gigs and get my hands less rusted. I have temporarily decide to concentrate on my own life and see what other things I can do. I was reading Edward's blog and from what he wrote I realized I really should try to enjoy life more since there are many diff. types of lives and it's all about how we choose to live. I will have to kinda stay on the positive side of things (this is quite tough for me with my naturally pessimistic personality) and ignore things that bother me. It's my life after all and I won't let other people mess my life up for me. So that is it for now....I will polish my "ignoring" skills from now on.

Photos from TW will be updated later.....Those are from the good times.

1 comment:

Billy said...

Cool! I checked Hollywood bowl's calendar and it's not on it... so it must be a private concert? So please make sure to secure some tickets, okay? ;)

Regarding also polishing your ignoring skill, yes, that's the way to go!!! My mom didn't even nag at you at your face and you can be bothered by her, that's just not very good skillz you got there so far! ;)

Anyway, that particular incidence is really my fault. My mom was upset that how come you didn't stop by the house, but it was I who told you to just go home and rest, plus I didn't want to make Nancy wait for too long for us... anyway, I apologize to mom and that's that. It my bad, but if she can't get over it, then too bad. I have developed the 'skillz' to not let it bother me too much.

My mom means well... and she's like the Old Testament pharisee type. Her "rules" or these 'family traditionas' are honestly not that bad... just as God's laws are not really bad..., it's just that I honestly cannot live up to all of them. I often times fall short..., and when I do, I apologize and try to do my best in the future... and I move on. I'm not going to let it kill me. Surely God never intend on killing us with His laws too.

Point is not about just obeying laws, but with whatever you do, to be motivated by love. I can stand my mom because I love her... not because of her nagging. ;)

Anyway, enough of about my mom, may God steer you toward a fuller and more exciting life career-wise... and make God also help you feel more at HOME here with me! (Of course, may God help me do a better job at helping you feel that way!)

Cheers! ;)