Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Life is a weird thing....

Life is really a weird thing. I accidentally found out someone who was my classmate from elementary school (only one semester according to him) was visiting Chicago the same time I was there. At 1st we planned to meet up but then I guess I backed out kinda when I got to Chicago. I still remember how he told me that he went to one of our class reunions trying to find me... only to be informed that I came to the states when I was 14. I can't remember how he eventually found me and how we stayed in touch through the internet back in college....but the whole thing was just interesting.... Later on he came to the states to study for his MBA, and decided to come visit me one year from NY. I have to admit that was a little shocking to me when he told me he already ordered the tickets and would fly over for spring break. I guess at that time in my life I was not all into meeting people who I really wasn't all that familiar with in real life.

Right now when I look back, I realize that I probably missed a great deal in life not being more open minded when I was younger. I used to think anything that is through the internet is really BS. I thought it's just a fake world after all....Apparently people get to be friends with others through internet all the time nowadays. I am now able to keep track on how my long lost friends are doing, and I am even able to pick up some unusual friendships along the way thanks to this rapidly developed way of internet communications. I guess if my friend from elementary school appears in my life right now instead of almost 10 years ago, we can possibly get to know each other more. I remember feeling awkward when he came to visit back then, and that is probably why at the end I didn't really get enough urge to meet him up in Chicago.

I guess sometimes it's difficult to predict how I feel at a given moment. Maybe someday I will really go visit his coffee shop in Taichung and enjoy a cup of coffee and some nice chat. Come to think about it....it's amazing how he was staying at Ho-Ching's apartment since the apt was empty for a week. I wonder if he would be surprised that Ho-Ching already passed away since they didn't really meet each other....or did they? Ah....my memory really fails me at times....but....life is really a weird thing when you think about it....

After my sleep for merely 3 hours last night, I am still up now when it's after midnight. It's quite amazing how a tired body can sustain all the thoughts that spins in my brain...weird...indeed...

No comments: