Monday, June 2, 2008

Good news? Bad news?

Jay was trying to give me good news and bad news this morning. He told me the worship we led last Sun had good feedbacks....and I guess that was the good news? (seriously that didn't matter to me too much since I know how EFC worship is normally...and it's not the point anyway) The bad news he told me was that a couple at EFC who I am friends with are filing for divorce....

I was actually quite shocked when Jay told me that cuz I have always thought the couple seemed happy together. I worked with both of them as singers when I was producing PC's troublesome albums for his mom, and really liked their characters. In fact, the now divorcing couple were the ones who recommended my current lawyer....how fast can things change really?

The official answer for the reason of divorce is that they have both changed themselves too much to please the other person and stay in the marriage....now they have turned into someone who they really aren't....They have known each other since they were kids and really knew each other thoroughly thus pleasing each other wasn't all that difficult for them. I guess compare to other couples who have no idea how to read each other's minds they were lucky that way....but unfortunately at the end it becomes the reason that caused their divorce.

I guess nobody can really tell how a marriage is going when we only look at the outer appearance. I used to think it's rare to find a couple like them cuz they are so fun to be around with and knows each other so well. I guess happily ever after is indeed hard to achieve and sometimes may not even be meant to be. I guess the bad news Jay told me was way more significant than the good news....

No comments: