Monday, December 15, 2008

Kitty and Dorcas :)

I got a weird phone call Fri morning, and got all confused when the person started speaking Cantonese Mandarin. The person asked "What is your husband's last name?".....and then I was thinking.....hum.....nowadays the identity theft people are getting very creative....Anyway....the funny crazy person turned out to be a friend from HK, Kitty....

Kitty is someone who I met through another friend Dorcas when we were touring in Singapore years ago. When I 1st met her I had no idea she used to be a famous star from HK. She gave up her career and started working in hospitals and various mission trips after she became Christian I think. I probably met her around 5 years ago in Asia, and then two more times in LA...(one time after she just got married 3 and half years ago)....

I guess it's interesting how she really takes me as a friend. She wanted me to attend her wedding but then at that time I was stuck in LA. Instead of me attending in person, she played the song I recorded with violin on the 1st HI album I produced....I was cracking up cuz it was hard to imagine someone playing that in a wedding....but yeah...it's all very funny to see an old and yet not too familiar friend....

We went to Pasadena for a drink and some dessert. I totally didn't expect the meet up to be so long. Kitty was pretty chatty (beyond my ability to handle normally)....but then catching up with her and Dorcas was fun since it's been so long. We ended up going home around midnight, and slept around 2 something....Anyway...here are few photos...

We went to this Jazz club in Pasadena cuz the original place we wanted to go was too loud. We set outside at the Jazz club for the whole night. I was glad the heater outside was warm enough :)

Oh here is the drink I got called "Ella Fitzgerald"....funny name I know...didn't taste anything like it but the name was cool...and the dessert sampler was got was kinda weird...bread and cheese for dessert? definitely didn't taste sweet to me :p

Listening to Kitty talking about marriage was interesting. It makes me wonder why people want to get married, but then it's not like I never wonder about it to start with....was just amused on how someone who madly likes another person can still suffer through all the differences....I guess it's really a difficult life time process...to get through the whole marriage and all....

No comments: