Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sedona Trip Day 1....and the day 2 balloon ride...the part before we take off...

Ok....so here is our Sedona trip, and I guess I will write it with several blogs since there are too many photos to post....here is day one....plus a little bit from day 2....

Basically Day 1 is just a lot of driving....We left home around 10 in the morning since we had to wait for Hades to finish going to rest room and all....We spent around 8 + hours on the car cuz the traffic was crazy at one part. We didn't really know if it was road construction or accident since we saw nothing along the way...Here are some photos I took on the road. The 1st one is weird smokes that I saw around Phoenix I think. After we got gas and left Phoenix I think it was already getting dark. The next two photos are the shots I took with car lights in motions...I know...not many people can appreciate this kinda art....oh well...I like them...


For our 1st meal after we arrived Sedona, we chose a place close to our hotel cuz I was worried Hades would go crazy in the room. (He did....but then we just couldn't bring him to dinner anyway...) I liked how they put the butter into small balls. My dinner was the crab cakes with weird crackers. Billy got ribeye steak with weird sauce on the top. The meat itself was not bad though....We finished dinner REALY fast to get back to Hades. He was basically nervous for the whole night except for a min he stayed on the bed and actually looked like he enjoyed his vacation....yeah....the outside appearance can be so deceiving....lol

2nd day we had to wake up really early because of the hot air balloon ride, which is the only reason why I think this trip can really be cool. I have to be honest I am not too into all the red rocks, but was really looking fwd to the balloon ride. Here are some photos before we got on the balloon. We had to wake up before 6, but we were told it's usually much earlier if it's not winter time. In the winter the balloon can also stay in the air longer compared to hotter weather. I think the ride time was around 1& 1/2 hour, which was considered long. I guess we just picked the best time to get the ride :)

Here are some photos before the balloon was fully inflated. The workers had to set it up for about 1/2 hour. The morning tempuarature was really low and I was freezing. I never thought the freaking hot Arizona from my memory can be sooooo cold in the winter...but it was!!!! The hot air balloon company had two balloons so that was really nice for me to take photos in the air. The pilot said there are only 4 balloons total in Sedona and their company owns 2. I guess we were also lucky for picking the biggest company here :)

Ok here are two photos of us before we took off. The workers took those photos for us. I looked like I just woke up...and I guess not having enough sleep for days does make a person look bad...Anyway....that is it for now...I will continue the rest of the balloon ride in next blog.

No comments: