Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hades' vet visit....

Hades woke me up again around 5:30 in the morning. I got up and saw his eye was running with tears and discharge, worse than last night. So I guess the OTC pink eye drops we got last night from Ralph's did not work....I decided to call the vet around 7:30 and made an appointment for him.

Hades and I went to the vet around 12:30 at noon and he was looking horrified. The doctor is actually a diff. one from Mintie's, and we decided to go ahead and check if there was any scratches on his eye before we decide what medicine to give him. After the fluorescent stain test we made sure he has no scratches on his eye, so I guess it wasn't Mintie's fault after all. (I kinda thought it would not really be Mintie's fault since Hades is usually the one hitting her...but just to be sure...)

So we got home with a very little bottle of antibiotic eye drop and a bill that is 100 dollars...(Well...exactly the amount of bill I was prepared since Hades' bills had always been expensive...) I hope this is gonna take care of the eye problem in few days and Hades is gonna get into a better mood. He had been in this crappy mood ever since Sun and Mintie has been his sand bag for destressing ever since...

After all this....I really wish my own brother will someday be a vet....even though I am not sure if that is ever gonna happen. It sure is an easy way to make money since most pets don't have insurance to start with, and most of the meds need perscriptions to obtain. Anyway...It's gonna be a long day and I just pray Hades will rest and feel better...and hopefully Mintie won't get any of the bad stuff from him including bad temper....sighs....

p.s. The vet asked me one thing that cracked me up in all of this depressing incident. He looked at Hades before he went to prepare the test, and asked me "has he always been like this? kinda big?" Well....I guess he was pretty polite and didn't say Hades is just fat....

No comments: