Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mintie the persistent cat....

We have decided to change Sabrina's name to Mintie now. The name came from Greek mythology as well, and she was a nymph who Hades fell for but was later turned into the plant mint by Hades' wife. The original name is Minthe but then that is weird name I guess so I decided to go with "Minty" but spell it with the ie.....Her eyes are so green I think the name would fit her well. Now we just have to teach her so she knows that is her name....

It's already the 5th day of Mintie's stay with us. Hades still hates her, and she still would not stop getting close to Hades. I guess she is one persistent cat, but Hades sure is getting upset about all his living space being taken up by her. Mintie went into Hades' room for the 1st time yesterday, and refused to sleep alone in her own room ever since. Hades was having insomnia with me for the whole night cuz his space was being invaded. He was only able to sleep well after I put him on our bed, and when Mintie went back to her room in the morning.

Hades' reactions reminds me a lot of myself. I think he is probably gonna lose weight a little in this so called "relationship".....He surely does not like the change and deprived freedom, plus Mintie and Hades just have such diff. cat-ality.... Hades wants to mind his own business and only likes certain people. He is socialble only with people he prefers....He has the ability to be socialble but does not choose to use it all the time....and for sure he is not using his charm on Mintie right now....

I am really hoping this Mintie situation is gonna turn better real soon cuz I want Hades to stay happy. Hopefully this companionship will be more beneficial to him than what it looks like right now....It certainly takes faith to see what is not happening yet....sighs....

No comments: