Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happening? or not?

I think I am probably becoming the nicest teacher nowadays. I drove to Gloria's house to teach her cuz she is busy working at WAMU and cannot find a time to have lessons other than her lunch breaks. I had to wait for her more than 15 min, and after lesson I had to drive her back to work. Sometimes I just couldn't stop feeling entertained about how thick nerved she is...(can you imagine telling your private violin teacher to drive you back to work? right....) I think she really takes me as her friend or something...don't know what is up with my students.....orz

During Gloria's lesson Jacob called. Apparently he got back to LA alright, and earlier than I expected. I don't know how long he is gonna stay this time, but it was nice to hear his voice again. I guess when people get older it gets harder to keep old friends around....(that gets a little sentimental at times)....I wonder 10 years from now who would still be around where we live....?

Last night Billy asked me what I would do if I can change my career. That kinda got me a little depressed unfortunately... I guess there are just things which people would like to do but cannot accomplish within certain time and environment. I am not a dreamer cuz I don't want to dream stuff that I cannot get done in the near future. I only know how to approach my gaols step by step and reach them in reality eventually. Maybe that is why I had great difficulties working with my previous bosses who only know how to dream but do not know how to get things done. I think the best for me now is not to think about what I want to do, but what I am doing at this point.... Just a way to keep myself in a more stabilized mood.

My goal for now is to get through Thurs night's bible study. Hopefully it will be quick and painless. I also want to finish all my Fri students...(unfortunately there are two who I think are hard to teach and insist on having lessons on Fri. Maybe God planned it this way so I would feel all weekends are nice and sweet.) I also want to have a good weekend completely relaxed + spend time with ourselves alone. I think it was good to have the recording canceled cuz I don't really want to have anything scheduled for this weekend now. I know....what I want are just stupid things...but at least I know I can make them happen.....

No comments: