Thursday, February 28, 2008

Looks vs. Poise?

Pauline's facebook profile says she is trying to be composed....which somehow reminds me Pastor Jim said "poise" is something we should all strive for. It is indeed to remain poised, especially when everything around us can get crazy and messy in this world. I think a lot of how a person carries himself/herself comes from the background and also how much a person thinks/analyzes oneself. I always enjoy watching someone transform over a period of time cuz from the changes you can kinda imagine how much a person went through....good or bad...

Mom was talking about Ivan with me last night, and I couldn't help feeling entertained thinking about how he was as a kid vs. how "appearance crazed" he is as an adolescent now. I guess everyone is always trying to find his/her own style. I personally don't usually over-react toward kid's "pretty craving" stage cuz years later I am sure they would be amused to look at photos when the style of the whole trend has already changed. I guess everyone has a diff. definition of what looks good at a certain age, and it really does not matter cuz at the end "other people" are the ones who get to judge if we look good.

I just hope my bro Ivan will concentrate more on things that will matter for life time, like character, knowledge, morals, beliefs, etc. I would not mind having a tall, handsome looking brother... but I sure hope he will have more than just looks. A lot of times I watch soap operas from China and can't help thinking how ugly their actors are....but also can't deny they do have better acting skills than most pretty faces from TW. It really makes wonder if people there on the other side of the ocean do have diff. concepts of what is pretty/handsome....or maybe there are indeed more imp things than just looking good?

I am all into looks. Most of the time I want to look at things which are pleasing to my eyes....I can't help it cuz I am eye sight oriented even in learning. Nevertheless I know there are more info from a person/thing that I have to calculate with my analysis with. (for example, poise is rare even with good looking people....) Life is indeed complicated on diff. aspects....even on a simple matter of outter appearance...

No comments: