Friday, May 2, 2008

Production....

All 4 songs are mixed now....and that is about it....We will see when it will be our turn to do the mastering, design, printing, etc.....basically everything getting stuck because of the stupid forever lasting HI project....oh well....like I said....not the 1st time my life gets stuck over HI stuff so I am trained. Howard is sick, I am sick, and Jacob is tired....so I guess everyone burnt out at the same time. Billy has been supportive and went to the mixing sessions three days in a row. I guess it's good to have a positive person around but then he thought the mixes were kinda in a rush?

Well.....things in the music world is like this....When you have the money you take things slow. When you think you have the favor from everyone and everyone needs to go according to you then you take things slow (that is in the case of PC...). When you don't have the money you kinda rush to get things done in a short period of time....and....when you think people are already doing you a lot of favors and you truly appreciate it you try to make everyone's work shorter and more bearable by shortening time which you would rather spend more.

One good lesson I learned through production is : You push for everything you want to the last sec, and after that you just have to understand there are certain things people cannot achieve. Giving up early sucks, and looking back also sucks. Usually people only see my pushy side though....I guess they just don't realize how I rarely listen to past projects I did. Looking back just does not help moving fwd too much. I certainly learned not to forget favors people give me. Using people is not cool when they find out at the end you were using them. I guess maintaining good personal and working relationships will make things go longer. Things do spread fast in musician's world....

Anyway.....Doing a lot of data copying from HD and my HD is kinda slow and stupid....just hoping it does not die any time soon....:p

No comments: