Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The art of accepting secrets?

I have quite a few friends who have been through a lot. Most of them would tell me their secrets, and sometimes I wonder why I get to hear all types of secrets. I guess many times people tell me their secrets because they think I stay indifferent even after I know their dark sides. I guess there is some truth to that, but to me it's more like....there is not much I can do other than just listen...

I guess God puts all sorts of people around me just so I learn how to accept the differences in people through the years. I guess I may be more tolerant than a lot of people think I am, and yet I don't really change my point of view on certain things that easily... even when I am friends with all sorts of people. Many times I would also wonder how God would deal with situations...but really all that is not for me to decide anyway....

A friend of mine told us a big secret last night. I am not sure how we can help, but then I guess being there for the friend is imp. I pray that God will strengthen him and walk with him each step of his life. I also hope we can be some sort of emotional support when he needs it...Life....is really difficult at times....and we can't always feel all the pain people are going through since we are not really in the same shoe....We certainly live in an imperfect world....sighs....

No comments: