Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dude I figured it out!!!!!!!

I think now I am officially liking my iphone. The only thing I really hated about the iphone was the ringtone limitations Apple applied on the itune. The 1st week after I got the phone I downloaded a track from itune because I could not stand the preset sound on the phone. (I can't even remember when was the last time I ever used any sound that other people use on a phone...) This week when I was checking the credit card bill I found out that Itune charged 99 cents for the mp3 (which I already have but didn't purchase from Apple) and then charged another 99 cents for making "30 seconds" of that mp3 into a ringtone. I thought that was just super lame for Apple to be tricky on the charge, cuz without purchasing the track you could not make it into ringtone....and paying 99 cents for something you already had was already stupid, on top of being charged twice for 30 sec worth of sound was doubly stupid I guess....

So I didn't feel like being stupid for too long. I started research on softwares which can let people convert any mp3 they have into iphone ringtone. After reading various stuff for 30 min or so, I just bumped into this article stating the secret of making a normal mp3 into a ringtone on the Itune version I have can be as simple as changing the file type. I am glad that now I can use whatever music I want as long as I crop it under 30 sec and turn them into the kinda file I need on Itune. I guess I am just not gonna update the itune much since they may come up with new ways to prevent people from having their own ringtones. After all, everyone is going after money nowadays....

Anyway...point of this whole story is....I guess sometimes we do have to face difficulties in life so we can come up with ways to solve them. The end result may be more beneficial for us when we bump inot walls...like how now I am getting all the ringtones from my music FREE....thanks to Itune's ripped off charge on their 30 sec sounds...:p

No comments: