Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What if waiting is eternal?

I have been waiting for photos people took from our wedding cuz I want to get the complete collection before we make a DVD for grandma to watch. The thing is....it's terribly hard to get anything from anyone. We didn't even get photos from our hired photographer even though it's been more than two weeks from the wedding....and of course all the friends who took photos are too busy to burn a disc for us...oh well...what is the surprise here? It's not their wedding after all....

I wanted to put some postings on our wedding and the trip, but then just has not been in the mood recently. I wanted to just post Joelle's blog since she wrote a pretty long one on our wedding. I am not sure if that is a good thing though....cuz I am not sure if everyone reading that writing will be happy....hahahaha....(I was pretty content with the writing...so I am not complaining :p)

I have also been waiting for my life to get back to calmness. I can't even seem to read a complete book or write something smoothly. I can't remember when was the last time I was able to just do something I like without worrying about other issues. I guess there is no worry free life anyway, but I don't get why there needs to be more and more troubles in life just because we grow older each day. Maybe that is why people look forward to eternal rest so much?

We are always waiting for something better to happen in life....but what is the point waiting anyway? Are things really going to get better just because we hope they will? Are they gonna move in any directions we want just because we sit there and wait? What if waiting is eternal and you never get it at the end? Isn't it gonna be ironic when we go up to so called "heaven" and then find out it's really not that impressive after all? That idea amuses me really.

Hey people think I am quite negative on views of life....at least I get entertained with my black humor....no matter how cynical it gets. Does life get better because we ignore the black sides? yeah....right....I am sure someone would say "Does life get better when you always look at the bad sides?"....I guess I just like dealing with the reality more than dealing with the dreams....just not a dreamer....maybe there is something wrong with that too.

I was reading what Joelle wrote on her blog today. Quite inspiring how everything is relative....I guess only people weird like us can actually jump out of situations and get analytical as if we weren't in the shit itself...Anyway....meeting her tonight....finally meeting someone who I can talk to without worrying about what I say in the longest time ever....

1 comment:

Billy said...

Waiting on God, like Pastor Jim said, is not just wait and do nothing. It is especially not waiting with a cynical attitude. Word of God is either true or false. When God calls you to walk on water, what would you do?

Refuse the call and tell Him thanks but no thanks because you know for sure you cannot walk on water?

Or reluctantly go with a cynical attitude... and then totally lose faith in God when the winds and waves and other troubles come blowing your way?

Or perhaps the Bible taught us to keep our faith, to be joyful always and be thankful and to do the right things no matter what?

I honestly believe we need to be on our guard when it comes to our attitudes. Bible is quite clear that there will be plenty of trouble while living in this world. God never promised that we can happily sow seeds and then joyfully reap the harvest. The sowing process could be painful to the point of being tearful, but if we continue to walk in Christ's way, at the very least we'll be able to achieve inner peace AND we'll be able to joyfully reap the rewards in the end!!! We will reap whatever we sow. That is a promise from God.

Our Lord also never taught us to have our own ways be done, but may Father's way be done. Father's way mostly often can be a very diffcult way..., it sucked to be sold and put in prison like Joseph. It sucked to be Job. It sucked to be Jesus Christ!!! However, if you believe the Word of God..., their pain and sufferings are only for a relatively "short" while compared to all eternity of great things rewarded to them. If there is a righteous and just God, righteous and godly people really shouldn't end up with whatever kind of lousy ends. If that's really the case, I'll cease to believe in God too. But I guess I'll find out in the end in heaven. And for now, you can imagine heaven to be a so-so or perhaps even a horrible place..., but why? What benefit can come out of that kind of thinking, except to bring your down further?

Anyway, whether heaven or hell, forget about the future for now. Let's just stick with the here and now..., how can we make this world a better place for all while we're living in it? All includes not only humans, but cats too!!!;)

Let's just try to keep on sowing, sowing, and sowing... feel like crying, feel free to do that, but the important thing is to keep hope alive and keep on doing the right things!!!

The serpent is telling you things contrary to what God's telling us. As your husband, as the head of the household, I'm telling to not listen to him, okay? We don't have to worry too much about what heaven is like exactly, but in this life, we absolutely have to try to maintain a positive attitude no matter what happens to us. Let the joy of the LORD be our strength! That joy from the LORD is basically joy for no good reason. People might even think you're stupid or crazy like Forest Gump! But I rely on this strength to get thru my troubles. Ask God for it. If God is real, He should give it to you as He did for me! Cheer up my love! :)