Friday, November 7, 2008

Crichton

The famous writer Michael Crichton who wrote Jurassic Park just passed away. He died at the age of 66. I guess that is considered pretty young for someone to die nowadays, but then I was quite surprised he was already that old. Here is an article Taiwanese writer Ho Wen Yong write in memory of Crichton....http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5c55b7830100ba3x.html.....and I was quite surprised Crichton also wrote for ER. I guess that just makes sense that ER is at its final season and Crichton just passed away....hum...

Crichton basically had a strong medical background since he got his degree from Harvard and just decided to go for writing after he got his license and all. I guess people who are with diverse interests in life just seem to be more attractive and entertaining? Too bad his life was a mess just like a lot of artists' lives. He went through 4 diff. marriages....yeah....4....quite amazing....and even designed software and games on top of his busy Hollywood writing career and all.

I guess reading about his life makes me wonder if I should get a book of his and read again since the last one I read was probably back from high school....hum....

No comments: