Thursday, November 6, 2008

Memories....

It's quite interesting how certain food, people, places bring back memories...I am sitting here eating oatmeal for lunch, and that just kinda gets me. I think it's been many years (possibly up to 10) since I last had oatmeal, and it brings back the high school memories for me. I think I 1st learned to eat oatmeal in high school cuz it was freaking cold up there in Michigan....The rest I don't really remember.....like when I stopped eating it and why....but I remember how I used to walk to lobby to get hot water for my oatmeal....hum.....memories...

I was driving home from Arcadia last night after I finished teaching. I passed life plaza where Jacob and I used to eat at....and then I realized how we used to hang out a lot when I was still living 2 blocks from him. How time has passed and everyone of us who used to hang out together are kinda scattered now....even in diff. countries living diff. lives...hum....

I was trying to clean up some photo albums from my photo developing website, and saw some old albums that dated back from 2004 or even earlier. I didn't bother to look much into them cuz I know I would be eaten up by the memories from all the tours and all the good old days when there was not much to worry about other than traveling and getting things done according to schedule....Funny how most things that mattered to us seem meaningless by now....hum....

Mom was saying that everything is in a mess in TW and perhaps globally. Perhaps living day by day, feeding ourselves + sleeping well is all we can ask for....but then life is certainly boring this way....I wonder why sometimes memories just appear out of no where....Hum.....

No comments: