Wednesday, April 8, 2009

壓馬路in Kaohsiung....

Our cousin David came back home (Tainan) from Taipei AFTER we visited grandma....so I told him to come hang out with us in Kaohsiung on Sat....and he did...here are the photos we took while we went to various places with the new subway which we never tried before :)

We waited for David at the train station...and then took subway from there....Ivan and Clement also tagged along of course....They were our photographers for the day :)


The 1st place we went was called 新掘江, which sells a lot of little things for the young people. 1st stop for us was the sticker machine...took these funny photos...not sure how I liked the patterns that staff picked...but we would not really know what to do with all the drawings anyway....


Those are called "pearl" sausages...very cute and convenient size for eating :) We got some fried tofu too, but David does not eat tofu...lol

We ate lunch at this Greek themed place...One of the country that I really want to go...well....those paintings were surely fake enough....orz

Central park in TW? amusing....:)

We went to the biggest mall in Taiwan (Ivan said it's the biggest in south eastern Asia too...but I don't know about that....) They have a lot of food at the mall, and way too many stores to go through....Last time we came back we only went there for a meal....this time we spent more time walking around....Look at those ice cream cones!!!! and the puff was pretty big even though the taste was only ok I thought....

We were tired after a lot of walking. Had some green bean milk shake and rested a little...

Last stop for the day was at 六合night market...which....was actually my 1st time there too....so we had three people as the tourists (Billy, David, and me) and two as the tour guides (Ivan and Clement...) This subway station station for the night market is built in memory of the 228 memorial day in TW...

We had milk tea at this place where Ivan always studies at....I know....how can you concentrate at a cafe? but that is what he does....and I guess Clement's head is indeed bigger than mine...2nd photo here is the night market view....and there are way too many food photos that I just decided to skip....Long but fulfilling day I have to say....and I got so fat after the whole day too....sighs...

No comments: