Sunday, April 20, 2008

Recording....

For some reason I couldn't keep on sleeping this morning and woke up around 8:20. That is really odd since today is Sun and I was actually tired last night. I guess my sleep was probably too good in quality I didn't need that many hours? just felt kinda odd...

Yesterday was the big day which I had to record Billy for the 4th song we are gonna have on the 2nd EP. I have to admit I was kinda frustrated through the recording session. 1st of all I was already annoyed at the fact that he doesn't really count rhythms right, and then I was more ticked off when he repeats mistakes repeatedly....but the fact is....I think I am just more strict with "my" people and more nice and friendly with people who I don't care much about....lol....

Billy actually didn't do all that bad at all. I guess my song was just a bit too hard for him to sing cuz his range is not that wide, and definitely too hard for about 95 % of singer to count (cuz most people who sing don't count anyway.) Samuel was funny cuz he asked me if I auditioned the guy I was gonna get married to and made sure his voice was pleasant and acceptable. I guess I didn't really have to do that since I heard Billy sing before, but seriously never thought I wanted to record him someday even though his voice is kinda nice. (But if I married someone who is tone deaf I would probably die....)

Anyway...I think I was scaring Howard cuz he probably never saw me being that frustrated in recording sessions. I guess I am pretty calm when I produce most of the time and people who I produced always thought I am fairly "nice" even though very picky.....kinda feel sorry for both Billy and Howard now, but too bad I thought Billy can still do better with the talent he has....We will see how it sounds like after I tune him on Mon and mix the song in the future then....sighs....hopefully it will sound decent enough and hopefully we will have more songs for him to record someday....Fingers crossed...

No comments: