Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thank you....really....

I was watching this program called 大學生了沒 since last night. They were talking about families and relationships between parents and kids. I can totally tell Billy wasn't all that into the show when I was watching it last night cuz he usually does not appreciate "negative" shows much. I tried to finish the unwatched portion by myself during day time today. I have to say the stories the kids were telling were quite depressing. Almost everyone in the show was crying listening to the stories.....

It is quite amazing how people are irresponsible nowadays. They have kids without thinking about the responsibilities. They can't deal with their own problems so they expect the kids to get involved and help them out. They leave the families when disasters cannot be reversed without thinking who caused the troubles at 1st place. Of course there will always be problems in life, but to cause a lot of pain for people who didn't have the choice to decide if they want to be in the same family with you....is just lame....

It is like a bad cycle when divorce rate climbs up with kids grow up in unhealthy environment. Kids not given the right education and moral values later on get into screwed up relationships, and then messed up marriages. History then repeats and gets worse by generations. With the students I teach, I only see half of them having semi-healthy families....and we are talking about well off families that can afford to have their kids take lessons with me....so what about others who I don't even have the chance to see?

I think only by watching those depressing shows I can learn how to be thankful more. I have always been proud to have the parents I have even though we are not wealthy or anything. I am not sure if my youngest brother knows how to appreciate them as much as I do at this point cuz he is still young....but I am sure someday he will go out and discover how fortunate he is compared to his friends out there in the world. I guess it's good I have been away since I was 14 so I get to see a lot of messed up situations when I was still young. The bad side of that is how I no longer have much hope and faith in people around me.....

I am glad I finished the show by myself. I am glad I am able to process my thoughts after watching it....even though it's with a very complicated feeling. I am glad I don't have to go through whatever those kids went through, and I am glad I am teaching some of the kids who have similar situations. I consider the time worth spending when I can bond with those poor kids. I wish they will know better when they have a family of their own in the future. I wish the stupid parents would someday wake up and understand how dumb they are by messing up other people's lives....and I thank my dad and mom for being who they are.....

No comments: