Friday, September 26, 2008

Irresponsible parents should not raise kids

Yeah....that is my statement after I have seen so many messed up parents and families. What happened yesterday kinda reinforced my thinking once again. I was teaching this worst student of mine for 30 min yesterday, and parked my car right in front of their garage on the driveway. After the lesson I walked to my car and saw my car scratched on the side close to the gas tank. My student's mom apparently teaches piano (in all the years I have known her I had no idea she plays anything....which makes me wonder what her credentials are....but again....there are plenty of so called music teachers with no credentials floating around...anyway) and her student's mom parked their van next to my car.

When I was walking out I saw the mom staring violently at her son (which was my student's mom's student's little brother). I knew the scratches was made by the kid who apparently was never told marking on other people's car is stupid and wrong. I asked the mom what happened and she said she didn't see anything happen. I was like....well....I am here only for 30 min and before I went in to teach I did not see any scratch on my car. If you didn't see anyone near my car, then maybe your kid scratched it?

The mom again pretended to know nothing about it and said she would ask the kid what happened. Knowing that she was lying, I said "go ahead....ask him...I will wait". I then told my student's mom what happened and told her in Chinese that "I think the mom does not want to admit it" knowing the mom can understands Chinese. When I walked into the house the mom was dragging the kid and the kid was crying like crazy. The mom went "You have to tell her what you did....and be responsible with what you did. Tell her you are sorry.....blah blah blah..."

The kid kept on crying and I was running late for my next lesson. I was also not thrilled for the whole show the mom put up cuz I knew she knew it while the kid was scratching the car and she wanted to see if they would got lucky so I would not notice it when I walked out. If a mom is so lame to try to lie about it, then why does she think her kid would be responsible for the wrong he did? I just blankly told her "look...you guys are getting me late. Since the damage is done and you know what happened....I will give you the bill next time I see you."

Well....for parents who just want to leave their kids running around and do stupid things they should not do....they better take up the so called "responsibilities" when damage is done. When people want to have kids, I wonder why they don't want to watch over the kids....If watching the kids is such a dreadful task, then why the heck are they having kids in the 1st place? I understand how little kids can do all types of terrible things, but if the parents are not there to clean up the mess and take care of the situations, then who is it to blame?

Anyway....I called Leo up and went to check if I can fix the scratch this morning. Leo once again was not there when he told me he would be at work from 8-6. Mexicans are just terrible with time....but then his co-worker was nice enough to help me out. I ended up getting the scratches fixed quickly...but then of course it's not completely perfect since we didn't really put any paint on it but just "buff it out" (not sure if this is the right way of writing it). I can still see some deeper scratches if I look really closely, but I guess it's good enough.

I will make that irresponsible mom pay. If she is not gonna pay the full amount on the estimate, then I will make a scene out of it so she knows how to watch her kid next time. Dang I hate parents who pretend to be dead and let their kids run around as street dogs that has no masters to take care of them. Ok...I think I made my point clear....and thank God I have the Mexican bodyshop friend who got my back covered for incidents like this....The End of my complaints....

No comments: