Thursday, September 4, 2008

Recovering from nightmare

I had another nightmare this morning, and again it was "teaching" involved. Out of the three nightmares I had recently, two was about teaching. I would call that a pretty high proportion....I was teaching this horrible kid who would start screaming in the middle of the lesson for no reason at all. He would just be yelling and crying and I would have this urge just to slap him on the face. Sounds familiar huh? yeah...sounds like that little girl that I am seriously considering firing if the next lesson does not go well....I think ever since school started I have this urge to just hide from my unwanted students. I pretend they are not back in the states yet, and if they don't contact me I will probably let it be that way....

I was gonna write about some things that happened yesterday, but then I don't feel like writing them today. I guess this occurs often when you just look at history and think "whatever happened happened". On top of that...I think my memory just fails me after that horrible nightmare which left me with a headache still....

My high school conductor wrote me a long e-mail after I added him on facebook. It's amusing to see how people remember me from high school. He confirmed that after 15 years of teaching there he is now heading to another post. (In Columbia....I know....crazy dude....he came from Columbia before he started conducting at our school....maybe I will visit him there and see how fun that can be....lol) He really looks basically the same except the hair turned white. I can't believe he was telling me his son is now in high school. I think the kid was only a baby when I was eating one Thanksgiving dinner with them at his house.....man...time flies...

I have yet to think about how to reply to the e-mail....writing someone who I have not seen for such a long time is really not my forte...but I have always liked my conductor back then (who even let me play on the piano with the orchestra several times both for piano concerto rehearsals and various concerts...) so maybe I should cook up something to get back in touch...lol...

No comments: