Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Not my thing to live such life

Only the 2nd day after long weekend and I am dying for the next weekend. It almost feels like I live for the weekends in my life. I wonder how most teachers stand being a teacher for their life time. I would probably kill myself if I do....Just found out my high school conductor stayed at Interlochen for all these years, but it looks like he had to stop teaching and go on to another place too since he just left recently. Well....at least he was teaching more talented kids....

Practiced a little yesterday on a Bach Fugue. It's amazing how those fugues can get...especially when you really hear whatever is really going on in those lines. The interweaving subjects and the complicated structure of everything. I guess Bach must be some extend a smart guy to make everything work in such a organized way with all that symmetry. I am sure a lot of people who can play his music with perfect technical may not be able to understand everything he planed in the music....

Anyway...playing did help to take out some frustrations in life....wish there is a grand piano at home...that would make it even easier if I can bang on those keys...

No comments: