Thursday, September 11, 2008

You lose it, and then you miss it...

Joelle is at Germany right now. Even though she has to work there...she is still in Germany. Ming just got back from Amsterdam, and even though he was also there for work...he was in Holland. Jack was showing us all the Egypt pictures which got me super tired two nights ago...Even though they took whole bunch of useless photos, they were there. Louie just got back from Greece. Even though their photos were the worst I have ever seen from any international travel, they were at Greece.

I am sitting here in LA, completely no idea when will be the next time I will finally get to a place where I have never been. I guess traveling was just inevitable when I was still touring with my previous jobs. Even though we went to mostly south eastern Asia, those were countries I have never been before....Even with the ones I went already, there were friends waiting for us to visit...Tours were fun for me cuz I don't mind working and traveling at the same time. I liked stealing time out of all the work, and I liked seeing new things...and of course I didn't mind the complete relaxation if I did stay few days after work.

I think one thing I hate about my current work is how it ties me down and I cannot go anywhere for long unless I want to just give up all the money I can make. I don't even have vacations unless I want to just not get paid when I am away. Even when I want to just forget about the money, it's not like I can go on a trip without thinking about anything and just go. Back when we were touring, everything was scheduled. I just had to get on the plane and then just followed the flow. It could be physically tiring but then completely brain free. I guess all of this just proves one thing....You have to lose something to finally remember how good it was....

I woke up this morning all tired and stressed cuz Thurs and Fri are the two worst days of every week. Not only that.... I know this Sun I cannot relax either cuz I will have to make up a lesson and then go to this moon festival dinner at night. I just absolutely hate it when I am working 6 days and not having any good quality weekend. Doing that two weeks in a row just makes my day for sure...right....Weekends were the only thing that kept me going during the weekdays, now I am not even sure if I have weekends to look fwd to. I wonder when I will be able to stop struggling with the life I hate.

I also felt the colder weather this morning so I guess fall is coming. It used to be beautiful around this time at Interlochen. All the leaves would turn colors and I would be happily in school trying to get all the As I deserved. We would take walks in the campus cuz with the lake right next to the cafeteria you just can't stop wanting to look at it. At the school you work hard, and then you enjoy what you worked for. I guess in the adult world it's not always true. You work hard, and then you get burnt out for those boring works....

Water that I washed my face with was kinda chilly. It reminded me of those mornings at Interlochen when I had to wake up 7 in the morning with the freezing water coming out in the bathroom. I LOVED the freezing water. I would always wake up instantly with the water and felt refreshed. Yeah I am thinking about the best times of my life...does that mean I am getting old? At 30 this is really kinda early huh? I guess Jacob was right....I grew up too fast...and that SUCKS...Anyway....point of this blog is....People really don't appreciate things until they lose it...Human beings...what can I say?

No comments: