Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Postcard.....

Got a postcard from Joelle in the mail yesterday. Even though I knew she was mailing me one, it was still a pleasant experience to get postcard in the mail. Nowadays nobody writes anything by hand. I think postcards are the last type of all hand written mails that we still occasionally get nowadays. The last one I got was from Annie after she moved back to TW, and the one before was from Edward when he was in New Orleans. I guess the frequency of me getting postcards is about once a year? lol

Back to the one Joelle sent.....It was more special cuz she actually put this small Polaroid photo on top of the stuff she wrote. I 1st got to see her happy face and then got to read her writing after I peal of the photo. I guess I don't just like artistic/creative people for nothing....lol. She was traveling in France, and was right the feel of that poastcard she picked is not my thing....hahaha....I guess my taste is obvious to her now? or maybe she just picked one that she likes cuz we tend to have diff. taste anyway? lol...

Joelle said maybe someday we can go travel together. I certainly think if I do she will get much better photos taken for her compared to the ones she uploaded on her website...It's sad to travel with people who don't know how to take photos since we really don't get to go to every place so often in our lives. Anyway....nowadays (when we are all grown up and perhaps in diff. countries with our friends...) how often do we get to hang out with our good friends? on top of that travel with them? I guess it takes a lot of determination to plan something with friends and the plans need everyone to try hard to participate....

So I guess when people grow older, it gets harder to just do whatever spontanously. It gets harder to just get togteher and do whatever. It gets harder to just sit around and dream stupid dreams. It gets harder to just be whatever we feel like being at the given moment...for example....a traveler who does not have to think about reality and work for a while....just because we have so much time to use when we are young....Ok....I know I am sounding all too old right now...but I guess eventually people have to face this kinda situation....You will either have to think about work, money, kids, or whatever that holds you back from what you want to do in life....and then the Nike ad "Just do it" becomes impossible even though you wish you can...

I wish there are determined people who can push plans through....and yet I don't feel like being the determined person any more...ah....life is just full of delima at times...I think I am just expanding too much from a little postcard....no wonder I am having weird dreams every single day recently....sighs....

No comments: