Friday, October 3, 2008

I want to know....

The little 8 years old kid that has been starting with me for over a year now is still driving me crazy. She would be looking at some stuff that she knows exactly how to do and then do the completely opposite or the wrong stuff. However....I don't mind teaching this weirdo kid cuz she is actually the person who wants to learn and does not want to give up no matter how bad our lessons get. I have to say she has a strong personality, and that....is exactly my cup of tea...

When I was teaching the kid yesterday, she asked me "so is that website of your group put together yet?". I was like....huh? Did I ever even tell you I have a group? How did you know about the website? Apparently she has been secretly overhearing conversations between her sister and I when I was still trying to teach her sister (yeah with the 100 things her sister was learning...I finally just think it was not worth wasting time and money on the violin really...and thank God her mom agrees so now the older kid is sticking with "composing".....very amusing but I certainly hope she can just go with the normal academics cuz she is smart...hope she won't end up like those stupid composers who think they can be the "Chinese Beethoven"....yeah....smart people reading this would know who I am talking about of course....)

Anyway....imagining an 8 year old trying to peek into your life....it's quite entertaining.....That kinda reminded me how Clement was like when he was little. I remember one time when he was staying with me in the summer (when he was probably still in elementary school but close to junior high I think) he told me "hey you can share your secrets (xin-shi) with me if something bothers you....I was very amused and couldn't help thinking "hum...I wonder how you can help me with the things I am bothered by"....

I guess kids want to grow up fast and be adults....and that is why they want to peek into the adult lives early. When they really grow up....they will eventually realize being a kid and not have to worry about anything is such a blessing...I wonder if that is the case for everyone...or just for us who grow up too fast in their lives?

No comments: