Thursday, July 10, 2008

How do we live?

Cable at our place stopped working this morning. I 1st noticed through the stupid internet which was getting on and off all the time...and then I got more sure of it being dysfunctional through the TV. I was annoyed a little cuz then the only thing I could watch was that annoying China soap opera during lunch. I guess I had my knowledge enhanced just a little more on whatever stupid things can happen in marriages....oh well....

After several hours of not having cable TV and internet...I finally decided to look up all wireless networks we can discover in our building. Apparently most people are smart enough to lock their internet connections like we do, but then there happened to be a nice neighbor who perhaps recently moved in and didn't have time to lock their connection yet....and that becomes the connection I am using right now.

I have to admit I am very thankful for this unknown person to not lock the connection....or else I may very well die of boredom since I was not able to work on anything cuz everything is saved in my e-mail....Our EP design is finally coming to an end...It has a drastically diff. feeling compared to the 1st one. I personally am not too worried about the difference since who knows how long it will take for us to finish yet another EP? and it will always be cool if we come up with something completely diff. when we have the final full album anyway....I just hope with the mailing and printing we will be able to have the 2nd EP at hand at least in Aug. Keeping fingers crossed on that....

I also printed out Amy's song sheets after I got this connection going. It looks like this songbook will be much more work since I will have to type up EVERYTHING from scratch since she did her roughs on a diff. software. I am not even sure if the notebook Tim is gonna lend me will work smoothly with Chinese either...We will have to see about that after I pick it up Fri night. I guess my free time due to absence of students in summer will be spent working on other people's music then...oh well...I just hope the music won't be too boring for me to listen too....sighs...

My sleep ever since beginning of this week had been bad. I was getting frustrated and told Billy just to sleep by himself 1st so I could stay up. He refused and insisted on giving me a massage to see if that would work. I guess he was dead tired that right after he finished the massage he snored next second he put himself down on the bed. I was very amused cuz being dead asleep in one min is certainly not my specialty. I got up, stayed up till 2, and then was actually able to sleep alright through the night. I guess the massage did work after all....To be able to sleep right is certainly a blessing that everyone needs...oh well...

I have been watching the rose Billy gave me which is in a test tube and our wedding vase now. It's amazing how a semi-dead plant tries to maintain its life. It takes water and it tries to open up the flower....even though very slowly because it's technically dead....I wonder if the rose realizes its own death? Something that kinda just reminds me of how we often don't realize what kinda life we are living...We may be dead inside and appear not to be on the outside....or vice versa...Isn't life just interesting? .....yeah....I think no internet certainly would kill me....

No comments: