Sunday, August 31, 2008

San Diego always feels pleasant to visit I guess....

We decided to take an one day trip to SD on Sat and see if we could take some cool photos. We left home and got us McDonald's breakfast to eat on the way. The trip started kinda smooth but then we got stuck in traffic for about half of the whole ride. By the time we got to SD it was almost 2 in the afternoon. I gave up the thought about calling Pauline since I don't think Hades would be too happy at home if we do eat dinner together and get home late at night....

We 1st went to La Jolla beach since Billy said he has never been there before. I guess that turned out to be the place where we took most of the photos. Stroll along the shore and taking photos of various little animals was kinda fun. The place was crowded, but not as annoying as all the LA beaches.

Our 2nd stop then was the seaport village since Billy said he has never been to the place either. I guess compare to him I am such a San Diego pro. We ate dinner there at a restaurant which had an outside section where we could sit and watch all the people walking along the shore. We ate while the sun was sinking into the ocean so I guess that was nice too. My camera ran out of juice cuz of our excessive tries of catching flying birds in sports mode and little crabs which were super sensitive to human movements. With the little left I was still able to take the photos of the sunset...kinda anyway....so here are the photos we got from the heavy traffic trip....Yeah...and Hades was kinda upset when we got home. He didn't go to pee at all for the whole day and was super hungry as well...This cat sure has attachment problems....sighs...

We stopped by this view point place half way to SD. Got some good photos of the seagulls (not really sure if they were...) Here is one with two of them...

When we were at La Jolla I took some photos of the squirl which posed for me for a long time...


After the squirl I concentrated on taking photos of the sea lion ? and the tiny crabs hiding in the rocks...


Billy....concentrated on taking "flying" birds that requires certain techniques and practices with the "sports mode". Here are two of his best shots of the pelicans...

On the street at La Jolla I shot this flower which reminded me of Hawaii for some reason...maybe because it appears on all the Hawaiian shirts? lol

We went to Seaport Village for dinner. Like I said...we sat outside and enjoyed dinner. Billy took a shot of me with two heads in the back...but then I guess it's good he got the restaurant sign. The waiter took a photo for us too. Food was kinda salty and we got REALLY fat after that dinner. I am still super fat two days after...sighs...I think it's the amount of cheese we had with all the seafood...

Billy took this 1st picture below and I altered the color. I think it looks very nice this way since the original color wasn't all that impressive cuz of the lighting and where we were sitting. The 2nd photo is the last one I took for the day because my battery just refused to stay alive after that. The sunset with the boat turned out nice enough with one try though....That concludes our photo trip at SD :)

No comments: