Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bumped into neighbor when I was doing laundry this morning so I started chatting with him about his cat. Apparently he knows a lot about cats then I thought since he had a cat in TW for 18 years before this one he has in LA. I still think guys who like cats are quite cool...and I suspect he is a Christian too or somehow has Christian friends....maybe next time I will ask him. I know at least four neighbors on our floor...dang I am good at talking to strangers...

Paul's sister called me back in the afternoon yesterday. Apparently I am the musician friend (the only person she remembered meeting when she came to LA year 2000)...which really cracked me up when she was saying that. Amy (Paul's sister) will be able to get us into Disney World at Orlando for free at least for one park....and also get us discount tickets if we want to go on to other parks. It's too bad that we are going end of year with all the blocked dates or else we can go to any park (4 there) for free when she is around since she works in the company. Oh well...anything is better than nothing...and it sure feels good to have friends with connections...

I finished another book last week which was originally written in French. It talked about a guy who was trying to prepare for a trip but never did it in his whole life. He saved up his salary, got stuff packed in his case, even collected information on places he would be interested to go, got shots so no matter what country he goes to he would be safe from the diseases, etc....but ended up "dreaming" about the trips and died in his country. The whole book was written in this mild way at 1st I thought it was super boring to read...but then at the end...you just enjoy the sarcastic fact that we often dream about things happening in life but never takes the 1st step to accomplish it...sad...yes...but that is just how life is at times...

14 days till the trip....looks like schedules would be a little messed up with winter break coming for the kids and all the trips everyone is planning....oh well....it will be over soon...just like year 2007....

No comments: