Sunday, December 30, 2007

Orlando is not the place for me I think

Ok....so it's been a while since my last entry cuz we were at Florida for a few days. This was kinda a last min trip thus we didn't really plan much than hopping on the plane and go. Our 1st day was basically wasted on the plane since there is a three hour difference between LA and Orlando. By the time we were all settled in the hotel it was passed 11 pm I think.

We got up fairly early next morning to meet Amy for our free entry for Epcot center cuz she had to go into the park with us. She also gave us the tickets she bought using staff price for our 2nd day at Disney. I really have to say...I am probably too old for any kinda amusement park now. Our 1st day at the Epcot center really killed my legs and ached my whole body because of the excessive walking we did. Oh....and also....Florida sun was terrible....It's winter and they got this nice sunshine on top of your head....I thought CA is the sunshine state...guess not...

The most interesting park of our "fun" at Disney was the breakfast we had at this fake castle supposedly from Norway. There were princesses all over the places chatting with each table and kinda "forced" us to take pictures with them even when I didn't feel doing it much. I think all the little girls were really excited and trilled to meet the princesses....as for me...I was just really surprised by how expensive the breakfast was...probably the most expensive one I ever had in my life so far... considering how ordinary the food was....oh well...

I think people do have to have a young heart to enjoy being in the crowds and watching kid shows for days....I guess I am hinting that I didn't feel all that trilled at Disney World. It's a place where dreams come true so they said....but I hardly have dreams....esepcially with cartoon characters...I am content that I went there once in my life time and feel I am lucky enough to do so...but whether I liked it....I can't give you a positive answer...I guess I am more into finding out what is special with a new place I have never been, more than getting stuck in a park where you feel you need to play with everything so you don't waste your money. I would probably rather go stare at some alligators for a while since that is something unique from Florida...oh well...

Third day we drove to Kennedy space center since Billy was there before for his previous business trip. I kinda had fun looking at stuff that I would never really learn much in my whole life...but I also couldn't help thinking why human beings would want to strive on finding out more about space, while there are already plenty to see on this planet earth. Thinking about how expensive all the missions and equipments are....I just don't know if all that is worth it....but hey...those money are spent to feed people like Billy...and of course now including me...so why should I complain?

Honestly I don't think we get to see much of Orlando at all. I doubt if there is much to see really. We did take a night tour around downtown last night after shower cuz I wanted to see how their downtown looks like at night (since we had no chance of checking it out during day time). I didn't really notice anything that impressive other than some church people demonstrating on "church" street. Maybe there is really not much to do in Orlando other than the amusement parks. It feels like the whole town is filled with tourists.....perhaps it's just the season....perhaps it's just the place....

I have to say I am very happy to be home this time. It's kinda rare cuz usually I enjoy traveling to new places....maybe I just missed Hades too much. Hades must be so happy to see me back since he has been sitting, laying, sleeping right next to me for the whole time since we got home around noon. oh...and I think Billy is very happy to be reunited with his play station II since he has been playing non-stop other than the time we watched some recorded TV in the computer...I guess all three of us are happy to be sitting here somehow..just in diff. ways...

By the way....this semi-annoying trip really annoyed me the most on how much weight I got by eating all those hamburgers and fries all along. I knew I was getting fat even though Billy kept on telling me we walked a lot so it should not matter....The fact is....it did matter since I got 4 lbs after this trip...and I don't remember when was the last time I was this fat....sighs...Oh...I will put up photos in another entry just so this is a "writing" only blog and it would make my life easier without moving the photos around the texts...

No comments: