Monday, December 17, 2007

Enchanted?

Went to watch a movie called "enchanted" with friends on Sat. It's basically a story of fairy tale characters falling into our reality world and realizing life may just be way diff. from the simplicity of their fairy tale land. Well....since it's still a Hollywood movie....everyone does live happily ever after at the end... I know...they all do....right....

I have been reading this book called "captivating" by the author of "Wild at heart" and his wife. It's funny to be reading about it since I have heard stuff from Billy since he read "Wild at Heart" before. It's just that this book focuses more on the female side and explains why most women have a problem getting emotional support from men around them, due to bad father figures and damaging environment.

I was talking to mom last night....and just couldn't stop thinking....dang...I AM LUCKY to have parents like that....especially in a Chinese background sort of speaking. I was also telling Billy that if I grew up at home longer instead of leaving home so young....I might enjoy more of my dad's protection and at the end dislike most of irresponsible men (on top of that cowards...) less. Well...my own choice to leave early so I guess there is no way of finding out....

So why did I jump from the movie to all these? cuz I found two things funny from the movie characters. 1. I found it amusing when the evil queen's servant asked prince Edward "Do you like yourself?" and the prince answered "What is there not to like?" It's also quite entertaining that prince Edward did not even mind his "bride" actually loving someone else in the "reality" world... cuz he was able to carry on and fall in love with another girl Nancy and then marry her instead.

I think it shows how simple minded most men are. (Of course I am speaking about "most" men....not my problematic + artistic guy friends...) They don't want to get involved with deeper problems and the core issues in life... and life would just appear to be without recognizing true problems....(Which....is what the male author mentioned about in the book. He said that is exactly why most females don't feel enough emotional support from the males cuz to the males it would be too hard and "troublesome" to deal with the issues...)

2. The character "Nancy" was able to ignore her 6th sense of "something is wrong here" when she met the princess from fairy tale land. Nancy probably could tell that her BF Robert would someday leave her for the princess... (I tell you....women's 6th sense is scary at times) and yet she was able to carry on with the relationship and said "I trust you if you said there was nothing"....

Most of girls try to ignore problems in relationships cuz they are so desperate to "have a relationship" it becomes very hard for them to get out of one. The desperately want to feel loved and pursued as if that is the only value of their life.... at the end girls get badly hurt when a relationship does not work out just because they put too much hope into it at 1st. and then what do they do? When another person comes along after a bad break up, they quickly marry the person as a quick fix and hope for another "happily ever after"....I really wonder what would Nancy and prince Edward's life be after their wedding in the fairy take land....cuz again....it's a fairy tale and nobody gets to see anything bad when the story ends...

I know I may be reading too much into a simple comedy movie that Disney made....but then...struggling to love and be loved is what humans are dealing with whole life...(according to Billy it's a life time "exercise"....) tiring man...

No comments: