Friday, September 21, 2007

The Internet World....

Woke up early this morning cuz I was worried of not having water to use if I woke up too late. The manager told us we won't have water until 2 in the afternoon cuz they are fixing some stuff. Friend from Indonesia started chatting with me cuz I woke up earlier than usual, and told me that she broke up with her BF. I guess relationships don't always happen in ways we want them to be.....

I was checking my facebook this morning while I was chatting with her, and suddenly realized how amazing it is that people are able to stay connected through various networks on the internet. A lot of times you have people adding you on to their accounts just because they saw your name from a common friend you both have. Most of my 2nd cousins in the states have facebook and we are somehow connected through it. I guess it's good in a way cuz in real life I don't spend much time hanging out with them....

Occasionally I wonder why we need to know what is going on with others' lives (when in real life we haven't seen each other for years and live on diff. sides of the planet). I wonder what people would do to stay in touch if there is no such a thing called internet. It's kinda scary to notice how we can get to know too much info....(even with people who you have no interest of knowing more about).....just because everything gets through the internet one way or the other.....

I wonder if someday computers would get smart enough to block off info or data that we don't want to know or see? maybe the time will come sooner than expected since computers can already recognize our voices now? maybe us humans will someday become dumber than what we already are cuz computers do everything for us and it's all too convenient? Right....I am getting way too side tracked again....How did this all start from not having water for the day? :p

1 comment:

Billy said...

For sure things are probably worse off for God! He can stay connected to everyone on earth! If there are other life forms on other planets, then maybe them too! ;)

Humanity is growing to become more advanced, more powerful, more knowledgeable... more and more like God in a lot of areas..., but one area we need to really catch up is with God's righteous and loving character. Often times we don't know what to do with ourselves with too much knowledge or power on our hands..., but wouldn't it be much nicer if we have too much righteousness and love on our hands? ;)

Anyway, I hope God doesn't 'block' me whenever I'm sending Him a message. ;)