Saturday, September 1, 2007

Sat is gone....

Billy is practicing his guitar again....I think he really doesn't believe me when I tell him that the song he practices would stay in my brain through the whole night even when I sleep. It's a wonder why my brain seems to have a problem getting rid of certain music once I hear it, especially repetitive music. Oh well....at least there is someone in this house who enjoys playing music. Hades still wouldn't go close to the guitar unless I am around the guitar. It's funny how he sits at the door of the "practice room" but would not go in when Billy is playing. (You can tell he is paying attention to whatever is going on in the room though...)

I recorded Cindy this afternoon. I haven't record anyone since end of last year, and this time I think I am trying to get things as good as possible since I don't know when will be the next time I get to see her. Cindy is going to Iraq end of Sep and she will stay there for 1 year + 3 months. It's such a pity that I don't get to work with her more cuz I believe there are still a lot more we can do together, recording all types of diff. music. I love working with singers who can be adjusted and asked to do various things right there in the studio.

The recording we did this after noon might not be perfect, but it already took 6 hours and too much energy out of me. I should probably not get close to recording console too often or else I think I would kill myself someday. Doing production is fun but then at the same time stressful cuz I want everything to be under control. (and often times it's not possible...) It's really an art to cope with everything that can happen...to the arrange, engineer, studio, machines, and most imp of all... the singer...Maybe it's all those uncertainties (challenges) and possibilities (creativities) that makes productions so much fun.

Oh well....not like I have all the money in the world to keep on doing productions...I don't even know when will be the next time I get to record someone else. It's also not like I bump into able singers everyday. Sometimes I don't even understand why I take this sort of things too seriously really, cuz at the end not that many people care about how the music is done since nobody can tell the difference....I know....depressing for all the musicians who try to make things better....That is life really....but heck....I am not gonna do stuff worse than what I can do at the given moment.... Just have to get whatever that is possible....

I think I have stop thinking about music now. Tomorrow should be used to relax....

No comments: