Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jazz and the potato

So what do Jazz and Potato have in common? I guess they can fill you up when you are hungry...when you are hungry for good music, and when you are just physically hungry... Doesn't make all that much sense I know....just trying to make some sense of having the name "Baked Potato" for the best Jazz club in town at LA.....very cold....I know...

Daniel our dear guitar friend is heading back to SG end of Sep. It's kinda depressing cuz we won't get to hear so many cold jokes form the cold joke king any more, and I think the gang will get to hang out less and less after he leaves. Jacob is probably gonna move back to TW end of this year too, and that is one less friend I will have from the good old times. More and more musicians that I worked with (who are actually good musicians in the pro world) become harder and harder to hang out or even stay in touch with. The world just sucks when one grows older and when everyone needs to tend their own businesses.

We have been hanging out consecutively for the past three weekends straight with Daniel. I think he just wants to spend as much time with us and catch as many concerts as he can before he gets back to his depressing environment, being a professional musician in SG. (That just sounds kinda wrong since many people desperately want to make it in the "pro world" and cannot....) Jazz ministry was performing at the baked potato when we went on Sat, and this is like the third time or 4th time I went to their shows....still inspiring and refreshing after all these times.....

I don't think there is much to say that would make sense to most people really....Sometimes I don't even know if people think us musicians are freaks getting excited over whole bunch of chords and beats that nobody can catche in their ears. Oh well...just like how we don't understand most of other professions which involves more brains than us musicians have....Anyway....just gonna post some photos so the memory remains at least....

Here are few photos I took with my nice super light sensitive camera....turned one of them into black and white for the feel of it...The performers just kept on moving so they are a bit blurry...
Here is a pic from Daniel's camera....very grainy and dark....but artistic....I turned it into antic color just cuz it looks good....

Well......ever wonder why people have duplicate and redundant photos? Cuz they have a boring life that is why....so may as well waste the time changing the colors of photos....:p

No comments: