Thursday, September 27, 2007

No more wisdom left.....

I officially have no wisdom left!!!!! Yes....you read it right....not only that my brain has no wisdom left, I have pulled out my last wisdom tooth this morning as well. I still remember how I extracted two wisdom teeth out when I started working at COG cuz they were hurting like crazy with deep cavities. I had to pay out of my own pocket for those cuz there was no insurance from the company at the time. Ho-Ching was still in LA and recommended me to this dentist who was super good at pulling out wisdom teeth. (He also happened to love telling me about his marriage stories....maybe I just have this special gift to make dentists talk to me????)

I didn't pull out the bottom wisdom teeth back then cuz I didn't feel like wasting all those money on two teeth... and also because I hate dental visits. If it weren't for my crazy tooth ache right before the wedding, I would probably never go to dentist until my whole mouth of teeth rottens naturally. I guess God has a weird way of making us do things which we really don't want to do. I have been going to the dentist almost every week or every other week since May or June, and finally have all extractions done now. There are always more stuff to do of course, but at least the worst the over.

I know this is kinda disgusting....but just want to share my precious memory of the last wisdom tooth with you....hahahaha....The dentist had a difficult time pulling this one out. I can't really blame him but I sure hated the process. I am sure the wound will still hurt for a while....sighs...My stupid camera cannot take a super close up for it either....(which makes me want to get another camera...sighs)...The tooth is rotten on the top as well....like all my wisdom teeth.....:p

For those of you know how my bridal gown and evening dresses were stuck in the dry cleaner because of the fire accident.....I finally got them back!!!!! Well....they didn't exactly put my gown in a box for preservation yet, (because the shop is being remodeled and all...) but that shall be done by next week. We have been wondering if the shop just closed down for the past two months and finally went to check on the updates. I decided to stop by after prayer meeting last night and found this phone number posted on the door.....tried calling the number and didn't even leave a message cuz there was not specific message saying it's the dry cleaner...However later at night I miraculously got a reply by the shop owner.

So....the shop was banned from opening by the city, and was forced to go through remodeling for safety reasons. They lost business for the past 2 months even though nothing was malfunctioned from the fire few stores down. The insurance will only cover their remodeling cost but not the business loss. That kinda sucks for them.....but at least I got all my stuff back including Billy's jacket which will be just on time for the funeral use coming Sat. Weird timing I guess....cuz they just moved everything out today for remodeling....and if I check today I would of think the shop is indeed closed for good since nothing is left in the shop.

How did the topic jump from tooth extraction to dry cleaner? I have no idea....I have no wisdom left remember?

1 comment:

Billy said...

Thank God for the perfect timing! :)