Saturday, August 9, 2008

Eddie's wedding....FINALLY....

Well....we basically spent most of our day on a wedding today. Eddie finally got married after two cancellations of the wedding previously, and I guess I am quite happy for him to finally get it done. I was quite amazed how long a drag a wedding can be since I really rarely attend any wedding from beginning to the end. We went to the wedding in the morning at this South Pasadena church which is like 3 min away from our place. I really don't have much idea why they picked that place cuz to me the church didn't really look all that fancy or anything. Chih-Lin took some photos for us, but they both look kinda weird. I think people should always be careful to pick taller people to take photos cuz those shorter than you usually take photos with weird angles.....but anyway....nothing special about the church.

We were quite surprised that the wedding was quite big. I guess Eddie collected enough friends with all the churches he had been to. Even Sam Mazur said he was surprised to see a lot of his old friends who left his current church a while back. I guess weddings are the best places to bring old friends back together. It was funny that I saw whole bunch of the relatives at the wedding since Eddie knows a lot of my relatives...the younger generation at least. Man my family is surely EVERYWHERE...sighs...(even the best man was somehow related to me by a distant marriage....oh well...)

We also saw Theo at the wedding since he was one of the groomsmen. I think he got a lot bigger this time. Maybe he will be the next one to get married if his girlfriend keeps on pushing for it. I guess next year we can then attend his wedding even though he doesn't seem to have too great of a time thinking about wedding. I think Tina does look like she is in love with Eddie even though he family does not like him and all that. It must be difficult for them but then if they love each other enough to have the wedding called off twice and still do it now I think they will be ok no matter what.

I didn't really take photos of any people at the wedding since I am sure there will be enough photos going on from more professional people for the couple. I also didn't think there was much to shoot for at the places. The reception was at Twin Palms in Pasadena. I personally didn't like the food that much but maybe it's because it was wedding food. The band was quite good though even though the drummer keeps on picking up his beats. I guess LAMA professors should be quite decent for a wedding :)

Below is my favorite photo of the day. I wish I shot that one with my new camera and not my old point and shoot. The barrels and the window really turned out nice. The 2nd photo here taken by Chih-Lin again is just kinda funny. Our color difference in skin tone is just way too obvious....lol....anyway....other than seeing too many familiar faces which makes me kinda uneasy....I guess the wedding was alright....just way too long with all the time delays...but hey at least I was able to sit through it from beginning to the end. I guess that means this new couple really has all my blessings on their marriage....I think the last wedding which I sincerely wanted to attend was Ivy and Paul's....and for Jay's I KINDA didn't mind going but I didn't want to stay that long either after I finished playing....hahahahah.....ok....just not a big fan of weddings....The End....:)

No comments: