Monday, August 4, 2008

Photos....

I got my new camera this weekend. I am planning to develop photo taking as a serious hobby....I have always liked taking photos growing up, but then didn't do much about it other than just using my natural talent on that. My youngest brother who got the 1st DSLR in the family kinda trigger my desire to know more about the techniques on taking photos...plus I just don't see much else in life that can kinda both entertain me and give me some sort of satisfaction at this point. So...photography it is for now....

I decided to go with a mega zoom camera that is like a "DSLR wanna be" which is the Fujifilm s100fs. I was kinda amused when my other bro Clement told me he was looking at the exact same camera for a while. I guess the same blood does run in us. Anyway....we went to the LA arboretum on Sat, and I tried my new camera for the 1st time. I don't think there was too much to shoot for, but the result of the photos was ok I guess.....

There were whole bunch of peacocks in the arboretum. They are into making loud voices and they sound like cats from a distance. They even act like cats cuz I saw one sweeping the sand with her feet....yeah...kinda weird...The 2nd photo here is taken from this weird tree art piece. I just kinda peeked through one of the holes they created with the tree branches within this big weird thing which I have no idea what it was...

Dragonflies were everywhere....but then they were kinda hard to capture cuz most of the time they would not stay still, especially when people are around. If you zoom in the photos, details were actually quite clear with the macro zooming I used. I hope next time I can find some better looking color bugs to shoot...

Well....these were from the Asian garden....yeah...American people tend to think lotus can represent Asian. Wherever you go there are always lotus in Asian Gardens....lol...

This lizard actually turned out to be nice with the weird tree skin in the back. The 2nd photo was taken in the horse coach's firehouse place. Those reminded me of Mei-Nong somehow...

Well....I hope next time we will find more interesting places to take photos....We will see about that then....Hopefully before we get a house or condo I will have cool pictures to decorate it with....

No comments: