Monday, August 11, 2008

Weird Sunday

Really didn't do much on Sun. but there were two things worth taking a note of. Mom told me they might be going to Tainan to see Xiao-Zhen last time before she takes off to come to US for school....and then at night I got this crazy skype call from aunt which was a 4 way conference call!!! It turned out mom did go to Tainan, and Xin-Zhuang auntie called Taipei Auntie (who was in Taipei I think), and Xiao-Zhen (with mom and grandma by the side), and me on Skype. They were trying to see if grandma can learn how to use Skype. I would not be surprised if she really learns, but then it would be really scary....cuz now not only my mom's generation is hip...my grandma's generation will also be super hip...yeah....some of them even have facebook...can you imagine that?

2nd thing was about the Olympics. I was just about to go crazy cuz TV was almost always on whenever we were home for the weekend. I am not a person who is particularly interested to watch sport events, but I guess I was trained by dad and my youngest bro so I learned how to put up with it. After talking on that conference call which was terribly blurry cuz everyone tried to speak at the same time, I was just browsing through stuff while the swim competitions were going on. 1st it was kinda sad Hoff lost the women's 400 cuz she was so close to winning the gold but lost to the British last sec....but then what happened in the men's 400 relay was quite amazing. The French was really prideful and said they would smash the American to the press before the competition. It really looked like they would cuz till the 4th hundred the Americans were still losing it. However the captain of American team, who looked kinda old for an Olympic swimmer, just shocked everyone. He started catching up the big distance which previous teammates lagged behind, and right at the last sec passed the French guy. The US team won the competition by 0.08 sec....I just got super excited even though I am not really a US citizen or anything....lol

Watching the competition last night kinda reminds me how our lives are like a long race. We really can be winning most of our lives and then lose at the last min....or vice versa....It's just so hard to tell what the end result will be...but then if we do happen to fight a good fight like the swim team captain Jason Lezak very last min of our life, I guess it would not be too shabby at all. By the way....I am not really sure why they always take bad shots of the simmers. The photos always look much worse than what you see on the TV. lol....

Had WHOLE BUNCH of dreams last night I couldn't remember. I think that might be caused by too much TV and also my inflating gum. At least I didn't have nightmares so I should stop complaining now. I would not want my life to depreciate too much...The end....


No comments: