Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weird nightmare....

I think I was dreaming throughout the night. Hades of course helped me have breaks from the dreams by bugging me several times in the night. I don't know what is wrong with him but he seems agitated at night a lot recently. I wonder what he is unhappy about in the room...

With all my dreams I only remembered one nightmare. I dreamed that one of the students I fired (or I should say student's mom that I fired) called me (or I should say the mom called) and pretend nothing happened and set up new schedule with me for the new semester. After I hung up the phone in the dream I realized I fired her before and I really didn't want to deal with the mom at all. I tried to call back and then the dad and the brother (which does not exist in the real world) tried to tell me their phone wasn't working properly. I got really pissed off and told them to give me the mom's cell numbers, but they told me that her cell phone was lost. I was thinking....dang....this family is really full of liars.....and then of course I woke up after that for a break and realized I really don't have to deal with that annoying parent in my life now....

I guess the nightmare really showed how much parents can become problems for teachers when they are not supportive and when they try to mess up everything. Sometimes I just don't get why parents would spend so much money for all diff. kinds of classes on their kids and not realize they are not learning everything well. I guess for those who have kids and cannot teach them properly this is the only way they know how to deal with it....providing that they do have enough bucks in their pockets.

I have an elementary classmate who is in special education now. I have never thought she would go into this career really since she was always a very outgoing character when we were kids. She 1st studied in the "tourism" major? and was being a tour guide for some years. Whenever I read her blogs nowadays I have to admire those teachers in the special educations. Of course there must be bad ones in that environment, but for those willing to sacrifice their time and energy dealing with the kids who need special attention....really something I am not sure I will ever be able to accomplish....

Anyway....teaching is now even part of my nightmare...isn't this just wonderful?......

No comments: