Monday, August 18, 2008

Old friends...round 2....

We had dinner with a friend back from Interlochen last night. It's been 13 years since I last saw her. She was one grade older than me at school and plays piano. Recently the China gang got in touch with me through facebook, and I didn't really expect Jing being the 1st person I see after all these years....Anyway....Taeja my Japanese-Korean friend was in the same studio with Jing so she wanted to join us for dinner as well. We went to Buca di peppo at Pasadena and I had fun listening to all their updated storied of Interlochen + various people from Interlochen...I have to say I feel completely out of the circle now that I am in the west coast and also don't play classical music as much. It's quite amazing how many of the Interlochen people are still in touch with each other though. I guess it was a very unique school for everyone after all....Jing even went back to work for the summer camp as a piano accompanist this past summer, and many of our past staff are still there in that small town. I think someday I should really go back and visit the place which gave me very a happy high school experience...

No comments: