Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why do people try?

CL was chatting with me last night, and told me that she helped her ex with the loan and stuff. That guy is now done with buying the house and I guess he will just stay up in SF. I couldn't help thinking why she would be so "generous" and help him through things even after that ugly break up cuz he was having affairs in China. I guess not a lot of people really care about what I think when it comes to relationships...and yet most of the time when I think someone is not worth keeping, it's usually bad at the end. I certainly hope in the future I don't have to feel fishy about my brothers' girls cuz I doubt any of them would actually listen to me....especially the youngest one....sighs....

Anyway....I don't think I would ever be generous on any relationship when I know I am being cheated. Betrayal is just a big thing that I don't get over with. I guess that is the thing that finally got me to leave both of my previous jobs. I just think if there is no more trust between people, then there is no point staying close. This world is already too fake to start with anyway. I don't think we need to make it even worse...

It just amazes me how most people want to find a person and get married and yet not that many actually have a good marriage. I wonder if that is a desire that God puts into human so everyone is still trying so hard even after seeing so many failures...I wish I can see more people around me with REAL sweet and nicely maintained marriages so that adds a little faith in me. Again there are plenty of people FAKING it just so they feel better about the whole thing....but what is the point? I guess I am not all that depressed about my own, but a lot of times I just wish everyone can be happy somehow. Well...I guess happy can also be a relative term too? Who gets to decide if we are happy? right?

No comments: