Friday, August 8, 2008

Staying up?

Billy stayed up real late last night (or really early in the morning I suppose), and now I guess it's my turn. It's past 1 in the morning now and I just somehow cannot sleep right. I have been having nightmares for the whole week and yet I don't really remember what nightmares I had. Few days ago the both sides around my chin was kinda hurting around the bone and I also couldn't figure out what the cause was. This morning one of my teeth was feeling kinda weird....and then that got me to think maybe I was grinding my teeth during the night...??

I was trying to think why I would have so many nightmares in a row cuz honestly I really don't have that many nightmares. I only recently started to dream actually....yeah....went through many many years without dreams before....Billy came up with one possible reason which I was actually suspecting myself. He said the earplugs I have been wearing might be the cause of my nightmares....

Well...so here is the thing....I started wearing earplugs again this week. I just thought it would be easier for me not to hear all the noises in our building at night. The method kinda helped me to fall into sleep easier, but then nightmares began as well....I personally hate it when people cover my ears. Not being able to hear things just puts this weird fear in me for some reason. Whenever I cannot hear clearly I just get anxious....but I didn't relate that to my earplugs and nightmare situation.

So after the discussion of earplugs I decided to try again just for tonight. I put the earplugs in even though I was not all that sleepy. The earplugs actually helped me fall into sleep....but only for a min.....I then noticed that I was biting my teeth really tightly, and I woke up feeling short of breath at the same time....so here I am writing about this weird experience. I probably went through the previous nights with this "unheard" fear on mine, and thought I had nightmares while I was just sleeping with this fear. It's also possible that I couldn't remember any of the nightmares because I didn't actually have them but I thought I did....

I know....all of these are very confusing...I am gonna try and sleep now without the earplugs....and with Billy's loud snoring next to my ears....If the snoring does not damage my ears I sure hope it will sooth me somehow and put me into sleep....

No comments: