Saturday, April 14, 2007

Is it possible I like British stuff more?

I woke up this morning.....yes...early again.....Morning gets to be too long when one wakes up at 8 and has nothing to do. I started watching this film called "Keeping Mum" cuz I didn't know what would go along with my coffee after reading my daily script and e-mails.

Interesting enough, this film centers around a pastor's family...in a very weird way. I think I fully enjoyed the film cuz it's in a very weird black comedy which kept me smiling when I watched it...very subtle and yet it amused me fully. Maybe it's only because I come from a very church oriented family.

The guy who is famous for playing Mr. Bean was playing the role of a reverend in this film. It's quite funny to see how he can behave normal and act well with his role. I have heard this guy is quite smart and very professional when it comes to acting and the whole scheme of producing. I guess what appears to be on the outside is not always what a person really is.

What is cool about this film is how the messages that the reverend was giving were actually quite spiritual....and within this weird setting of the whole story line....you just kinda see how God exists in every situation....even with the dark humor in the movie. I know it's weird how I got messages out of this whole thing....

Anyway...I am making Billy watching this film right now.... and I wonder how he is gonna think about the film after he finishes it. I also wonder how many people would actually like this film after they watch it. Maybe I would be the only person who likes it...who knows...

I think British films are just more profound than most of the Hollywood films. Maybe I just like European stuff more without really knowing why. I tend to like actors who are from England too....weird...

No comments: