Friday, April 13, 2007

Preference

I woke up early again this morning. I am starting to wonder if I am indeed getting too old to sleep my 8 hours. I thought this would not happen to someone who is not yet 30....but...yes....everything is possible.

Since I had to move Hades from his sleeping spot to use my mac, I ended up letting him sleep on my lap. He is just too happy to have me around that he couldn't stop purring. I guess he will have to make up his sleep when I go out later.

I started my day by drinking my soy latte and reading Joelle's blog, which she just fixed up recently. I was reading all the stuff she wrote on google, starbucks, MacDonlad, and the whole process of how each one of them evolves. I really couldn't stop the smile on my face while I read. I guess I really don't randomly like some people for no reason. (just like when I dislike someone I actually know why... even at times I when I don't want to point out the reasons.)

Joelle reminds me a lot of Howard. Both of them are quite imaginative, but very up to date with the current world. Even though we don't hang out a whole lot, but every time we do I really enjoy spending time with them. It's not really about what we do together, but how we tend to look at things in this world in a very interesting perspective...on top of that we are not afraid to talk about them. I think "daring" is the key.

Seriously I don't think any one of my close or good friends are normal people. The ordinary types of people bore me very quickly. I get tired when someone only talks about everyday life and repeating problems. I guess none of those routines give me inspirations at all.

Trying out new stuff is a big thing in my friend circle I think. That is perhaps why my friend circle changes quite often...and very few get to stay in it. (most people get stuck with usual routines and life becomes stale that way.) SO whoever gets to stay in the circle for a long time, they must be a keeper on my preference list.

It's one thing to have preference over things and people...but realizing one is not always going to get what he/she prefers is also crucial. (Yeah...life is not always perfect and we can't choose who would be around in our lives.) Sometimes it's also fun to watch how the preference list changes over time, cuz as we grow we learn to modify with reality.

I guess I should be thankful that at least some people around me are fun enough for. When I can't hang out with them...I get to read what they are doing anyway....and that is just as good. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha~~~it seems so hard to keep myself on your list neh...

Funky Thistle said...

Don't worry....once you are on the list...you have higher priority than other people.....